Full insurance is provided inclusive of the price. This is the rental agreement which highlights everything you need to know.
Motorhome Rental Agreement for Niesmann & Bischoff Arto 69 GL
Reg. No. PL55 EMX.
Owners: Rob & Heather Forster
Skybernoweth, New Mills, Ladock, Truro, Cornwall TR2 4NN
07967 723420 firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of Hirer:
The agreed period of rental:
(Start is first date of rental period and End is the date the Motorhome will be returned according to Terms & Conditions)
In this agreement, the motorhome ‘Demelza’ and its contents are offered for hire at an agreed price, and under agreed Terms & Conditions detailed below. It is understood that the motorhome ‘Demelza’ remains the property of Robert and Heather Forster at all times. The hirer is required to keep the vehicle securely locked, and keys kept in secure possession, at all times when it is left unattended, and to refrain from any action or omission that may prejudice our rights to the vehicle. It is agreed that the hirers will make careful use of ‘Demelza’ and its contents, and return it in the same condition as it was provided.
Smoking is strictly prohibited inside our motorhome. Pets are not allowed on seats, beds, or couches.
IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED FOR HIRE
To enable driving history to be fairly scrutinized and the rental booking secured, please provide electronic or paper copies of the following:
- UK driving licence; in the case of EU or other overseas citizens, a copy of your passport will be required as well
- Two different forms of proof of address, e.g. utility bills, bank statement (not older than 3 months), matching address on driving licence +/or passport.
- National Insurance number.
The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by:
- Hirers under 23 or over 75 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer.
- Hirers who have not held a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence for 2 years.
- Anyone who does not have a C1 category driving licence.
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. “Spent” convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
- Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
- Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for two years or more.
Fully comprehensive insurance for the vehicle is included in the rental price, which will be conditional on the hirer and any named drivers satisfying all the aforesaid qualifying conditions. A copy of the policy is included in the rental documentation. It is recommended that the hirer has adequate travel and medical insurance to cover their own personal requirements.
Driving by non-named drivers and any late returns of Motorhome ‘Demelza’ renders the insurance invalid and the driver therefore commits an offence under the Road Traffic Act, and will be solely responsible for any loss or damage incurred to the vehicle, hirer, or passengers.
Payment of the rental charge must be made in full at the start date of the rental period. The only accepted forms of payment that can be tracked by us are by (a) cheque to have been posted to ‘Demelza’ Motorhome 10 working days before the start of rental to enable the cheque to be cleared, or (b) by BACS using the following account information:
Bank: Nat West Mrs H Forster Sort code: 60-21-37 A/CNo.: 57231702
Failure to meet the payment deadline may result in the rental being cancelled.
A fully refundable deposit of £500 is payable at the time of booking to secure rental of the vehicle. This must be paid by BACS or cleared cheque. In the event of an insurance claim the full £500 will be taken to cover the administration. In addition, if there is any damage to the vehicle during the hire period that is not covered by an insurance claim this will be taken from the deposit. This includes any damage to equipment provided or items broken. Only replacement costs will be taken and agreed at the time of return. We would ask that if basic equipment is broken it is replaced with identical items when possible. We reserve the right to withhold the deposit should the motorhome require deep cleaning or the toilet and/or waste water tank emptying. Should you return the vehicle with less than a full tank of fuel we also reserve the right to withhold the deposit. The amount of deposit withheld will be the sum of the cost(s) incurred.
IN THE EVENT OF AN ACCIDENT OR DAMAGE
Every accident or any damage must be reported to us immediately by telephone and an accident form will need to be completed immediately. A copy is provided in the Welcome Pack. Any damage to tyres, windscreen and any theft of personal property not covered by insurance, shall be at your own expense. We suggest that the hirer has their own travel, medical, and personal belongings insurance
- Is liable for any cost incurred for speeding or parking fines, congestion charges or any other offences committed against the road traffic act regulations;
- Must remember that it is an offence to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Undertakes responsibility for the control of the vehicle on hire to you;
- Is liable for all overhead damage to the vehicle resulting from any accident;
- Shall not tow any trailer or vehicle behind the hired vehicle;
- Shall not carry more passengers than the seating capacity of the vehicle, as defined in the vehicle specifications or allow the vehicle to be overloaded;
- Shall ensure that the driver and all passengers shall at all times when the vehicle is being driven wear the seat belts provided, as required by law;
- Shall not use the vehicle to carry passengers or goods for hire or reward;
- Shall not remove the vehicle from the UK mainland;
- Will be liable for costs of repair if incorrect fuel type is used;
- Will be responsible for the regular checking of oil and water levels, and the use of the correct type of fluids. Our vehicle is provided with two 6kg propane gas bottles – one will be full, the other part-full. The hirer shall return the vehicle with at least one full bottle.
- The motorhome shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature of the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward.
We have national breakdown cover in the unfortunate event of a breakdown. This includes roadside assistance and recovery of the motorhome to its home base (New Mills, Ladock, Truro, Cornwall). The hirer must contact the owners as soon as any problem becomes evident for assistance to be arranged.
Every effort will be made to avoid disruption to your itinerary, with a fall-back provision to bring you and your fellow passengers back to the motorhome’s home base. However, the owners accept no liability for any losses or expenses incurred as a result of any breakdown apart from a refund of the hire charges calculated pro rata. If it is found that the breakdown was attributable to the hirer’s negligence the security deposit will be retained to offset the costs of repair.
CANCELLATION OF HOLIDAY DUE TO UNROADWORTHINESS
If the motorhome becomes unroadworthy for any reason prior to the agreed hire period that results in the rental having to be cancelled or postponed, Demelza Motorhome will give a full refund of any monies paid immediately and as much advanced notice given as possible. Alternative dates will be offered but no compensation will given of any kind.
TOUR OF VAN & INSTRUCTION
You will be given a full tour of the van illustrating her use. There are videos & instructions for use on the website www.Demelzamotorhome.co.uk available for referral. The manufacturer’s manual is provided in the van which we require you not to remove from the vehicle. If there is anything not fully functioning we will tell you at the time of taking the vehicle, we require you to do the same on her return. We will not give any refunds if there are some basic malfunctions of equipment as we endeavour to ensure everything is in full working order prior to departure. The vehicle will be photographed at the time of departure identifying any damage to prove she is returned in the same condition.
The insured vehicle shall be driven only by the hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a hirer drive proposal. Such proposal shall be forwarded on request to the Insurers.
I, the undersigned, agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the rental of Motorhome ‘Demelza’ as described and stipulated above. I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read.
I hereby acknowledge during the currency of the hire agreement I shall be liable for any offence for all fixed penalty notices under the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1991, including any parking/ excess parking notices.
To be signed and dated by all proposed drivers: