If I’ve never driven a campervan before, what’s it like?
Demelza is surprisingly easy to drive. You can adjust the seats so that you are in full control, and can reach the pedals easily. The gearbox is dead easy and she feels just like driving a big car. You will however need to be aware that you are driving a much taller vehicle than you may be used to and you need to be careful about hitting things on the roof as there is a satellite dish. So just go slowly whenever you are unsure. She is 6.9 m long so you will need to give everything a much wider berth when turning. If you are not sure if you can drive down a road DON’T. Stick to larger roads and you will be safe. There is a camera fixed to the rear so that you have a full view of everything behind you and there is even a reversing beeper to give added support.
What does the living accommodation consist of?
- A fridge – powered by gas, 12v and electric (if connected) – it will power up whilst driving.
- A permanent 5 ft double bed, so the bed is made up ready to go.
- Duvet, pillows and bed linen
- A spare pull down 5ft double bed with ladder to enable separate sleeping or a guest overnighter. We prefer to rent to couples as the van is equipped fully for two people.
- Flushing caravn loo (accessed from outside to empty).
- Surround shower unit
- Hot & cold running water in kitchen and bathroom
- 3 hob gas stove
- Built in seating area around the table.
- Front seats turn to enable comfortable seating around table.
- TV with DVD (only used when hooked up to electric)
- Square pin plug point (only used when hooked up to electric)
- 12v charge point for mobiles (charges when driving)
- Garage – stowage for push bikes, BBQ, etc
- Table & chairs for sitting outside
- Portable charcoal BBQ with tools
What is included in the price?
- Unlimited mileage
- Breakdown Rescue Service
- All bedlinen – King size quilt, duvet cover, bottom sheet, 4 pillows + cases
- All linen for bathroom – 2 large bath towels, 2 hand towels
- Two blankets one for the bed one for outside use
- All linen for kitchen – tea towels, kitchen roll, cloths
- Gas for cooking, heating, and refrigeration (when static) – one full bottle. We ask that you return with one full gas bottle.
- At least half a tank of fuel (we ask you return her with what you left with)
- All cleaning equipment – including tablets for the toilet waste cassette
- Solar panel & 12v battery provide electric for lighting & fridge
- The kitchen is fully equipped with saucepans, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Use of all equipment stored in the garage – we would ask that you replace the charcoal if used for the BBQ.
Is insurance covered in the price?
Yes it is – please read the Insurance and Rental agreement to get full information.
Who is the Breakdown Rescue Service with?
Green flag provides the cover. You must ring us immediately to arrange for recovery.
If you need emergency assistance ring Rob or Heather (07896 696723 /07967 723420 ).
What is extra on top of the price?
- A £500 cash deposit – to cover loss or damage for items that are not covered by the insurance or to pay for the insurance excess. This will be refunded on return of the vehicle in good, clean condition.
- Campsite fees
- Fuel & other consumables for keeping the van in good working condition, e.g. engine oil, windscreen washer fluid.
- Replacement of gas bottle if finished – we like to ensure there is one full bottle at all times.
- Please replace charcoal if used.
What does the electricity & gas supply enable me to do?
When the van is plugged into mains electricity “hook up” everything can be used freely, the TV, 3 pin socket & lighting.
When free camping – the leisure battery provides lighting and gas provides power for the fridge, the cooker, hot water and heating.
The 3 pin plugs & TV only work with hook up.
Is there a garage?
Yes there is a large garage at the rear of the van. It has room for 2 bikes and has the following already packed:
- 2 x lounger seats
- 2 x table seats
- BBQ with utensils & charcoal
- Portable gas cooker
- Cleaning materials
- Spare carpeting
- Electric hook up cable
Is there any heating? Can I use her for winter touring?
Yes, there is gas-fired central heating. There are vents throughout the van blowing out hot air from the heater, keeping her warm throughout. She has fully carpeted walls and excellent under floor space providing insulation so can be used in all seasons.
Can I leave my car with you?
You are welcome to leave your car with us; it will be parked on a car park just off the main road so you will need to do so at your own risk but we leave the van and our horse trailer parked there all year round and they have been safe
Will you collect us from the trains station or airport?
Yes – Newquay airport is just 7 miles away – you can either catch a taxi or we can arrange to collect you. Bodmin Parkway is the nearest and most accessible train station for us to collect you. We charge £25 for collection & drop off. We will need plenty of time to hand-over (approx. 2 hours) so this must be taken into account when planning your trip.
What checks and maintenance am I required to carry out during rental?
- Engine oil
- Cooling water
- Tyre condition and pressures
- Cleaning of interior and exterior (we would ask that you return her in the condition you received her…she is very precious to us so please take care of her as if she were your own).
- Please report anything that is damaged or not functioning effectively. Vans are complex and some things do fail – it’s all part of the adventure!